How can I manage symptoms of pityriasis versicolor?

The best way to manage the symptoms of pityriasis versicolor is to talk with your doctor or dermatologist to understand your condition and the best treatment options.

The symptoms of pityriasis versicolor can include discolored skin that may also be dry or have fine scales. Most often, pityriasis versicolor is found on the back, underarms, upper arms, neck, and chest. Your doctor or dermatologist may prescribe an anti-fungal cream or shampoo to use regularly until the fungal infection clears up.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What can a doctor do for seborrheic keratoses?
A doctor will not usually recommend removing seborrheic keratoses, which are growths that appear...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?