How do I manage my seborrheic dermatitis on a daily basis?

It could be said that due to its chronic nature, the key to successfully dealing with seborrheic dermatitis is knowing how to manage it on a daily basis. Aside from using the proper antidandruff and antifungal creams to treat symptoms, there are several lifestyle changes you can make that have been shown to reduce symptoms. Replace any harsh soaps or deodorants you may be using, and wear clothing made of cotton and other smooth-textured fabrics to reduce irritation. If you have facial hair, shave it off, as seborrheic dermatitis can be worse under beards and mustaches. Try to limit external triggers, such as temperature shifts and stressful situations, as well.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
How is acanthosis nigricans treated?
Susan V. Bershad, MDSusan V. Bershad, MD
Acanthosis nigricans looks like velvety dark skin. It occurs in the skin folds at the base of the ne...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?