How do I manage my perioral dermatitis on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

As treatment of perioral dermatitis can take months, the key to successful management lies in patience and acceptance of the condition. Although the bumps and red areas caused by perioral dermatitis can be unsightly and resemble acne, you should not attempt to cover the affected areas with makeup, as this can worsen the condition. Likewise, do not try to scratch or "pop" the swollen bumps, as that would likely lead to infection.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?