How long does pityriasis rosea last?

Pityriasis rosea typically lasts between eight weeks and three months. If you have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea and it doesn’t go away after three months, call your doctor ASAP.

The rash associated with pityriasis rosea typically lasts a few weeks or up to a few months.

Pityriasis rosea is an itchy rash that usually disappears with no treatment. It can last from as little as a few weeks to a couple of months. If it lasts longer than that, return to the doctor to rule out other possible diseases.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How can I care for my dry skin during the winter?
Harsh winter weather can damage your skin more than any other time of year. Watch as Dr. Oz explains...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?