How can I help my sibling feel less self-conscious about her vitiligo?

You can help your sibling with vitiligo by talking about the condition. Suggest that your sibling see a dermatologist, a doctor who specializes in the treatment of skin, nail, and hair disorders. The dermatologist may have cutting-edge recommendations of cosmetics that can conceal the white patches or new treatments that may repigment the skin. In addition, suggest that your sibling find a support group for those with vitiligo. You might go to the support group meetings with your sibling so you can learn more about this condition from others. If your sibling seems depressed about living with vitiligo, suggest that he see a licensed therapist or counselor who understands skin conditions that can result in loss of self-confidence.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How should I moisturize my skin if I have seborrheic keratoses?
Seborrheic keratoses are common skin growths that can start as small, rough bumps, but then thic...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?