How do we get crow's feet in the first place?

Age is a factor in developing crow's feet. As we grow older, we produce less collagen and elastin, which causes our skin to lose elasticity. That means when the skin on your face stretches and contracts, it doesn't return to its original form as easily, resulting in wrinkles. Other factors can accelerate the deterioration of collagen and elastin, including too much sun exposure and smoking.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
How can I detect lichen sclerosus?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
You can detect lichen sclerosus using the below methods:Self-ExaminationChecking yourself with a mir...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?