How do medications treatment hives?

Antihistamines are the most common medication for hives. These medications directly target the symptoms of hives. By interfering with the body's release of histamines, medications can help ease irritation on the skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
Should I worry about my health if I have stretch marks?
Nearly 70 percent of women have stretch marks, and usually they're a result of pregnancy or chan...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?