How do I manage my albinism?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

People with albinism should make sure they have yearly eye and skin exams. These exams look for changes in the eyes that may lead to vision problems as well as for changes in the skin that may lead to skin cancer. It is also important to limit sun exposure, especially at times and in places when sunburns are most likely. For example, mid-day sun and sun at high altitudes may be especially strong. Wearing sunscreen and sunglasses that block both types of ultraviolet rays will help you maintain eye health.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?