How can I control pimples on my scalp?

Pimples on the scalp aren't really pimples. They're seborrheic dermatitis, or what's known as cradle cap in babies. It occurs more frequently than we realize in adults; it's just harder to see. Often it's linked to yeast fungus, although stress, fatigue and winter weather sometimes trigger "breakouts."

If it's mild, you may be able to control it with a non-prescription antifungal solution, such as 1% ketoconazole lotion. A daily application of tea tree oil or weekly use of a coal tar shampoo may help, too. Also, wash your hair daily with a mild shampoo to keep your scalp and hair clear of oil, debris and dead skin cells.

If that doesn't work, see a dermatologist. You may need a prescription treatment.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?