How should I cleanse my skin if I have pityriasis rosea?

Pityriasis rosea is a common skin rash that may itch, so you should take care to wash the affected area carefully using a gentle cleanser and lukewarm, not hot, water. If the water is hot or you become overheated in too warm a bath, the rash can get worse.

Generally, pityriasis rosea lasts about four to six weeks and usually occurs in the spring or fall. If you have a skin rash and suspect pityriasis rosea, talk to your doctor or dermatologist for a diagnosis and treatment options.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?