How should I cleanse my skin if I have lichen planus?

Lichen planus is a very common bumpy, itchy rash that appears on the skin, mouth, fingernails, or scalp. Though it can go away on its own, it's best to get a diagnosis from a dermatologist if you think you may have the condition. Besides offering you treatment options, your doctor can advise you on the best skin-care routine and may recommend that you try an oatmeal bath to soothe the skin and calm the itch. You can find oatmeal bath products at your local pharmacy.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Tips for Talking to a Doctor About Embarrassing HS Symptoms
Hidradenitis (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis) suppurativa (sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh), or HS, is an inflammatory skin disorder. HS causes painful, inflamed lesions tha...
What skin concerns should I ask my doctor about?
Ask your doctor any questions you have about the health of your skin. If you have any symptoms, ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?