How should I cleanse my skin if I have hives?

Hives—itchy, red welts that pop up on your skin—can be caused by a number of factors. These can range from an allergic reaction to food, medications, or something in your environment to an underlying condition that requires treatment. It's best to consult your doctor or dermatologist to try to find out the source of your hives and how to treat them. During an outbreak, experts suggest you avoid hot baths and showers.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
Can a Spitz nevus be a symptom of another condition?
A Spitz nevus is not normally a symptom of another condition. It is a mole derived from the same...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?