How should I cleanse my skin if I have hives?

Hives—itchy, red welts that pop up on your skin—can be caused by a number of factors. These can range from an allergic reaction to food, medications, or something in your environment to an underlying condition that requires treatment. It's best to consult your doctor or dermatologist to try to find out the source of your hives and how to treat them. During an outbreak, experts suggest you avoid hot baths and showers.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?