How should I cleanse my skin if I have a rash?

Talk to a dermatologist about the best way to cleanse your skin if you have a rash. The way you care for your skin may depend on the type of rash you have and what caused it. The dermatologist may recommend that you:
  • Bathe in lukewarm or cool water -- not hot water.
  • Wash with a mild unscented cleanser formulated for sensitive skin.
  • Pat the skin dry with a soft, clean towel. Avoid rubbing.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have melasma?
If you have melasma, a condition that causes brown patches of skin, often on the face, the most impo...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?