How do I cleanse my skin if I have dermatitis?

Talk to a dermatologist about the best way to cleanse your skin if you have dermatitis, a condition that causes very itchy skin. He or she may advise you to use a mild bar soap or a non-soap cleanser that is unscented and formulated for sensitive skin. Use warm, not hot, water, and pat the skin dry (don't rub) or let it air dry. Then apply a moisturizing cream or ointment to lubricate the skin and to increase hydration.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
How is PMLE treated?
Treating polymorphous light eruption, or PMLE, may involve using topical and/or oral corticoster...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?