How do I care for someone with dermatitis herpetiformis?

The main task you must undertake to help someone with dermatitis herpetiformis is to stick to a diet free of gluten. Gluten is found in anything made from wheat, rye, and barley. Many companies have begun to make and label gluten-free products. It is also important to make sure the person takes medication (such as the antibiotic dapsone) and follows any other recommendations from their doctor.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Prescription Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis affects people of all ages, and millions of children and teens live with the condition. If you are the parent of a child or teen tha...
What can a doctor do for seborrheic keratoses?
A doctor will not usually recommend removing seborrheic keratoses, which are growths that appear...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?