How can I prevent miliaria?

Miliaria is the medical term for the itchy, red rash known as "prickly heat." It occurs usually in hot, humid climates when the skin's sweat ducts become clogged, leading to inflammation, redness, and a bumpy, itchy rash. Check with your doctor for the best prevention strategy for you. Using powder and antiperspirant to keep skin cool and dry, and avoiding getting sweaty and overheated by using air conditioning and fans, can help prevent miliaria.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
What questions should I ask a dermatologist?
If you are visiting a dermatologist because you have a skin problem, you will probably have some...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?