How can I prevent hives?

One of the best ways to help prevent hives is to avoid the food or medications that are known to cause your allergic reaction. To help with this, it may be useful to keep a diary of known allergens or have an allergy test performed by a physician to identify the cause.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
Why can topical medications cause peeling of the skin?
Certain medications increase the rate of cell turnover in the skin, making it shed faster and po...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?