How can small, white bumps on my infant's face be signs of milia?

Newborns often develop an acne-like condition called milia, which produces small white bumps on the face. Milia occurs when tiny sweat glands on a baby's face become clogged. This skin condition may look alarming, but don't worry. It's completely harmless and should fade within a week or so. No treatment is needed.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
Is anything wrong if my eyes are dry and itchy?
If your eyes are dry and itchy, you may have ocular rosacea. Skin rosacea is another clue that ocula...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?