How can I avoid getting lamellar Ichthyosis if it runs in my family?

Lamellar ichthyosis is not a condition that you can take steps to avoid. People who have lamellar ichthyosis inherit the condition from their parents.

Lamellar ichthyosis causes the skin to be red and scaly. It starts in the outer layer of skin. A person with lamellar ichthyosis should be in the care of a dermatologist. 

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?