Are hives a risk factor for lymphoma?

About a third of people with lymphoma, a cancer that affects the immune system, experience hives. Other symptoms of lymphoma include weakness, unexplained weight loss, fever, and trouble breathing. If you get hives, your doctor can perform tests to help determine the cause and to rule out other reasons for them. Consult a dermatologist or allergist for more information.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
Why can topical medications cause peeling of the skin?
Certain medications increase the rate of cell turnover in the skin, making it shed faster and po...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?