Should I talk to my doctor about my hidradenitis suppurativa symptoms?

If this is the first time you've had the symptoms of hidradenitis suppurativa and they are confined to one location, wait one or two weeks and see if your condition improves. If your skin problems have occurred repeatedly, cause discomfort (pain or itching), cause a foul odor in the affected part of the body, or are present in more than one part of the body, go ahead and make an appointment with your doctor. Medical treatment may be necessary to prevent your hidradenitis suppurativa from getting worse.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
Why does my skin get uncontrollably itchy after a shower?
Dr. Mark S. Schultz, DODr. Mark S. Schultz, DO
One of the most common causes of itchy skin after a shower is direct contact with hot water. Hot wat...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?