Will hidradenitis suppurativa leave any scars?

Abscesses caused by hidradenitis suppurativa often heal very slowly and may form scars. Scars may also develop when there are multiple recurrences of the condition in the same area. The scars might appear raised and thick, and the skin may appear discolored.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
How common is a Spitz nevus?
A Spitz nevus is an unusual type of mole that looks similar to melanoma but isn't. Most Spitz ne...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?