Will hidradenitis suppurativa interfere with my daily life?

Hidradenitis symptoms range from minor to quite severe. You may have to spend time each day cleaning your skin with antibacterial soap, applying warm compresses, and taking any medications your doctor might prescribe.

People who have severe symptoms may have problems moving around if the condition causes pain in areas such as the thighs or armpits. It is also common to feel anxious or self-conscious about the way this disease may affect the skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Prevention
Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a rare genetic condition characterized by episodes of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Mehmet Oz discusses the tellt...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have melasma?
If you have melasma, a condition that causes brown patches of skin, often on the face, the most impo...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?