Will hidradenitis suppurativa affect me emotionally?

Hidradenitis suppurativa is often physically painful. It can also be emotionally difficult because of the very visible problems it can cause on your skin. It can lead to anxiety and self-consciousness. Make sure you follow all your doctor's orders so you can manage your symptoms and feel better. Lean on your family and friends and accept their support.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Hidradenitis Suppurativa: Symptoms, Severity and Stages
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder. While the condition affects people of all ages, the first symptoms typically ap...
What are the symptoms of a hemangioma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The symptoms of a hemangioma depend on the location of the benign tumor. Most are endothelial prolif...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?