What should I expect after ear reconstruction surgery?

Daniel Kapp
Daniel Kapp on behalf of MDLIVE
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Most patients typically do well after ear reconstruction surgery.  Once the surgical wounds have healed and you have obtained permission from your physician, massage is a very good way to reduce the scarring around an ear reconstruction surgery.  Care should be taken to prevent damaging the delicate reconstructive process, however.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
When is the best time to visit a dermatologist?
February is the best time for a dermatology exam -- dermatologists can more easily identify area...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?