What should I do to evaluate lichen simplex chronicus?

Your health care provider will take a detailed history and do a thorough physical examination checking for infection, allergy-causing agents, irritants, and other conditions that cause itching. Sometimes a tiny biopsy is taken to determine the cause and rule out other conditions.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
How do I manage my cutaneous lupus erythematosus on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Cutaneous lupus erythematosus (discoid lupus erythematosus) only causes problems in the skin, causin...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?