How do environmental factors affect dry skin?

Cold weather can contribute to dry skin, but there are dry skin hazards in the summertime, too. To find out more about how the seasons affect skin, watch this video featuring dermatologist Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton.

The environment can play a strong role in promoting dry skin. Cold and less humid climates pull water out of the uppermost layers of skin, leaving behind a dry, chapped surface. Even air-conditioning and wind can wick away moisture from skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
When should I see a doctor about sun rash?
You should see a doctor if your sun rash seems especially severe. For instance, if it covers more ar...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?