Does stress cause hives?

Stress can cause or aggravate hives. Studies have shown that emotional health affects physical health. Stress can cause problems with blood pressure, heart, and skin. It can also worsen existing conditions such as psoriasis or rosacea. On the other hand, reducing stress can make you look and feel better. Managing stress is one way to improve your physical health and appearance. It can decrease chemicals in your body that cause inflammation. Consult a dermatologist or allergist for more information.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

3 Ways to Improve Your Chances of Success When Treating CIU
CIU, or chronic idiopathic hives, can be challenging to treat, but there are a few steps you can take to improve your chances of success. Watch this v...
15 Things to Record in Your Chronic Hives Symptom Journal
Living with chronic hives can be frustrating and challenging. Known by the clinical name chronic urticaria, chronic hives recur and persist for a peri...
What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?