Does taking hot showers dry my skin?

Taking hot showers can cause your skin to become dry and itchy. Use lukewarm water when you take a bath or shower instead. After bathing, pat your skin dry using a soft, clean towel and then moisturize your skin all over with a cream or lotion to trap moisture and keep it feeling soft and supple.  

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
What causes painful cracks in my heels?
Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is impor...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?