What can I do about my stretch marks?

There is no cure for stretch marks, although topical retinoic acid and laser treatments may lighten them. Treatment may not be worth the cost, however, since it won't completely eliminate stretch marks. Topical camouflaging makeup provides a quick cover-up for stretch marks.

Stretch marks have many causes, including pregnancy and weight gain. In this video, Dr. Oz recommends a vitamin cream for softening the look of stretch marks.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
What are the treatments for stretch marks?
Stretch marks are incredibly common among growing teens and pregnant women. In fact, about 70 percen...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
What Are the Symptoms of Rosacea?