Can I have dermatitis more than once?

If you have dermatitis, the rash can recur after the bout of dermatitis has been successfully treated. This is why it’s important to see a dermatologist and find out what type of dermatitis you have. This way you can take any preventative measures possible.
If your dermatitis is caused by an irritant or allergen, you may get dermatitis every time your skin is exposed to that particular irritant. Common irritants and allergens include soaps and cleaning products, chemicals, metals, perfumes, make-up, and plants. Avoiding those irritants or covering your skin when you are exposed is the best way to prevent dermatitis from occurring repeatedly. Some people also get a forms of dermatitis from insect bites, injury to the skin, or stress. Adults who get seborrhheic dermatitis may have recurrent outbreaks throughout life.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Atopic Dermatitis: Questions for Your Pediatrician
Atopic dermatitis is a common condition that affects millions of people. Most people with atopic dermatitis first experience symptoms as children, typ...
How can I avoid getting lamellar Ichthyosis if it runs in my family?
Lamellar ichthyosis is not a condition that you can take steps to avoid. People who have lamella...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?