Could my red blotchy skin be serious?

If you notice persistent red blotchy skin, and you're sure it's not an allergic reaction, it might be something a little more serious. Certain skin conditions, like rosacea and eczema, are known to cause red blotches and even some discomfort. If you're worried that you may be suffering from one of these conditions, consider seeking a professional opinion.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What can a doctor do for skin tags?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
A dermatologist removes a skin tag in one of three ways: By surgically snipping it off, burning it o...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?