Should I talk to my doctor about my tinea capitis symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor about any symptoms of tinea capitis, or scalp ringworm. Aside from the fact that scalp ringworm is uncomfortable, itchy, painful, and causes bald patches on the scalp, another reason to see your doctor is that this infection is highly contagious. The only cure for this fungal infection is prescription medication.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have seborrheic keratoses?
Seborrheic keratoses symptoms include rough bumps that may itch. Seborrheic keratoses may cause ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?