What causes lichen planus?

It is an inflammatory response of the mucous tissues that unfortunately has no known cause. It can be found in the mouth as well as other parts of the body with mucous type tissues.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
What causes painful cracks in my heels?
Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is impor...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?