How do I care for someone with hidradenitis suppurativa?

You should know that hidradenitis suppurativa can be quite painful, and that the patient may feel embarrassed and upset because of the severe skin inflammation. Be as supportive as you can. Make sure to follow all the doctor's orders, and make sure the patient leads a healthy lifestyle. Follow up often with your doctor if the symptoms are not manageable.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What are the most common genetic skin conditions?
A number of rare skin disorders have been linked to certain genes. However, some very common ski...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?