What should I know about caring for someone with a viral skin infection?

Depending on what the viral skin infection is, you may or may not need to care directly for someone with such an infection. Children, people living with HIV/AIDS, and the elderly are examples of people who may need assistance. It is important to note that you shouldn't give aspirin to someone who has a high fever, especially to children, because of the possibility of developing Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness. Check with the person's doctor as to what specific steps you should take to help the person with the viral skin infection.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Questions to Ask a Dermatologist About HS
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is an inflammatory skin disorder that causes breakouts of lesions. These lesions: Can be itchy and painful Can cause...
What is granuloma annulare?
Kristi DarkKristi Dark
Granuloma annulare is a chronic skin condition of the dermis(2nd) layer of skin. It is usually self-...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?