Can seborrheic dermatitis be prevented?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
As the cause remains unknown, it cannot be said for certain what exactly can be done to prevent seborrheic dermatitis. In fact, seborrheic dermatitis can strike regardless of whatever precautions you may take, and certain groups are particularly susceptible. For example, it's known to run in families, and tends to affect men more than women.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Differences Between Inducible and Spontaneous Chronic Hives
Hives—also known as wheals, or by their clinical name, urticaria—are red, raised, swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. Up to one half...
What Are Chronic Hives?
What Are Chronic Hives?
Hives, also known as urticaria, present as swollen welts on the skin. They are often itchy and uncomfortable. Watch this video to learn what makes hiv...
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?