Can physical stress trigger dermatitis?

Physical stress can worsen skin dermatitis, but it won't cause you to get it in the first place. The skin, immune system, and nerves are all interconnected. So when a person with dermatitis experiences physical changes to his or her body, it causes the body to release counteracting chemicals that can cause dermatitis to flare. Dermatitis can flare when you have a viral infection, fever, or heat exposure, or when you sweat. Consult a dermatologist for more information.

Seek a physician’s assistance for medical concerns.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
What could cause pimples and rash on my bottom and private area?
Evelyn Minaya, MDEvelyn Minaya, MD
Pimples and rashes on the bottom and in the private area can be caused by the same or different thin...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?