How do I avoid risk when getting a tattoo?

Take time to think about what getting a tattoo involves. Research your options and select a tattoo parlor that follows local or state regulations and employs trained, professional tattoo artists. Also, be sure to follow the instructions your tattoo artist gives you regarding proper aftercare of your tattoo to limit your risk of infection as it heals.

To avoid health problems associated with tattooing, use caution when choosing a tattoo artist and studio. Make sure the tattoo artist wears gloves and sterilizes their instruments in between uses. A new needle and ink should be used for each person who is getting a tattoo. Know the laws in your state pertaining to tattooing and ensure that the studio you choose has the proper licenses.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

How Atopic Dermatitis Can Hurt Your Mental Health
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as AD or eczema, is a skin condition that affects nearly 18 million adults and over 9 million children in the Uni...
What causes lichen planus?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
It is an inflammatory response of the mucous tissues that unfortunately has no known cause. It can b...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?