Are there any alternative treatments for a Spitz nevus?

According to experts, the best treatment for Spitz nevus is to remove the mole by excision, which means cutting away the mole with a surgical blade.

Any suspicious moles should be examined by a doctor or dermatologist as soon as possible. He or she can make a diagnosis and explain your treatment options.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Questions to Ask a Dermatologist About HS
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is an inflammatory skin disorder that causes breakouts of lesions. These lesions: Can be itchy and painful Can cause...
How can I avoid getting lamellar Ichthyosis if it runs in my family?
Lamellar ichthyosis is not a condition that you can take steps to avoid. People who have lamella...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?