Are there alternative treatments for hidradenitis suppurativa?

Some believe that taking zinc salts (also known as zinc gluconate) may help inflamed skin and prevent hidradenitis suppurativa from returning. It is also thought that losing weight, quitting smoking, and wearing loose-fitting clothing can help improve symptoms. Otherwise, the commonly used treatments for this condition are self-care for mild cases, medications, and surgery.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
How can I manage symptoms of a Spitz nevus?
A Spitz nevus is a mole with a dome-like shape. This type of mole looks very much like melanoma,...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?
How Does the Food I Eat Affect My Skin?