Are there alternative treatments for seborrheic dermatitis?

Seborrheic dermatitis can be treated at home by simple over-the-counter remedies without need for prescription medication. A recent study showed tea tree oil to be an effective treatment of symptoms of scalp dermatitis among adults with the condition. For infants with cradle cap, daily treatments with a mild shampoo and gentle massages with a soft toothbrush on the scalp can usually take care of the problem. For particularly hard scales on your baby's scalp, applications of mineral oil and warm, damp cloths for an hour before shampooing can make treatment easier.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
Can a beer bath help treat skin problems?
Hops are known for being the key ingredient in beer, and Germans have discovered their powerful medi...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?