What activities should people with phimosis avoid?

People with phimosis should avoid any activity that will irritate, infect, or otherwise cause the foreskin to tighten further. In particular, people with phimosis should never try to force the foreskin to retract before it is ready to do so, which can cause scarring. Unhygienic activities can lead to infection. It's also possible that some chemicals, such as those in bubble bath liquid, can cause the skin to tighten.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders Basics

Why do I get sun spots?
Jordana Gilman, MDJordana Gilman, MD
Sun spots are often called age spots, but you don't have to be old to get them, says dermatologi...
What are the treatment options for phimosis?
Phimosis that occurs naturally in young children usually doesn't require treatment unless it causes ...
Is there a cure for phimosis?
Removing the foreskin through circumcision is the only certain cure for phimosis. However, there are...
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?