How do I care for someone after surgery for phimosis?

Circumcision can be a traumatic experience, involving bleeding, pain, weeks of recovery time, and risk of complications. You should be available to provide both emotional and physical support. Pick out loose-fitting underwear and pants for him to wear. Make sure he takes the prescribed painkillers on schedule every day. Ensure that the penis is cleaned daily to prevent the wound from becoming infected, and change the dressing. If he has any bleeding in the day after surgery, have him apply pressure to the area gently for 10 minutes. Ice packs may also be used for pain and swelling in the day after surgery in 20-minute applications. He should avoid vigorous exercise while healing. Remind him not to pull off any scabs that might form, even if they become itchy and irritating.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders Basics

How can I protect my children from skin injuries?
To help your children avoid skin injuries, you can take a few preventive steps: Do not leave coo...
Will my stretch marks stay this red?
No, stretch marks fade over time, losing much of their vibrant color.
What should I know about topical immunomodulator therapy?
Topical immunomodulator therapy involves putting ointments on your skin that contain the drugs tacro...
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?