Are there alternative treatments for phimosis?

In children with phimosis, the primary alternative treatment is simply to do nothing. The foreskin naturally loosens as boys age, and it might take some time for it to become fully retractable. In fact, some boys might not have full movement of their foreskin until their teens. Otherwise, treatment alternatives to medication or surgery are limited to careful stretching of the foreskin. Regular stretching (usually in combination with a steroid cream) with your fingers might help loosen the foreskin, allowing it to eventually retract.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders Basics

How can stress cause skin problems?
Stress and skin problems can go hand-in-hand. Whether you're stressed about your job, a family membe...
Why are people with vitiligo more likely to develop skin cancer?
People with vitiligo may be more at risk for skin cancer if they receive certain treatments for ...
Can vitiligo be prevented?
Since the cause of vitiligo is not well understood, it is difficult to know whether vitiligo can be ...
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?
Why Do I Get Sun Spots?