Why does my skin look spotty after acne?

The type of skin discoloration following acne or skin trauma, like a wound, is called post-inflammation pigmentation. Skin discoloration following acne is caused by the skin’s natural response to inflammation when melanin-producing cells over-produce, L’Oreal Paris Consulting Dermatologist, Gervaise Gerstner, MD, told us.

Continue Learning about Skin Discoloration

What causes the brown spots on my skin?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Brown sun spots are a form of hyperpigmentation. “Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of the skin cau...
How can I reduce the appearance of brown spots on my skin?
Jordana Gilman, MDJordana Gilman, MD
There are two effective ways to banish brown spots on skin --  and one of them has added benefits ...
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Brown Spots On My Skin?