What do liver spots look like?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Liver spots are sharply defined, round or oval, brown or black flat patches of skin most commonly seen on the backs of the hands or the face. The spots may appear singly or clustered together. The hyperpigmentation is uniform within each particular lesion and varies from light to dark brown. The lesions are flat and oval, and can be as larger as several inches or as small as ¼ of an inch. They are most noticeable on the hands, face, shoulders, and back (those areas that have had chronic sun exposure).
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Skin Discoloration

What kind of moisturizer will help reduce dark circles?
Certain vitamins, including vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin E, have been shown to reduce dark circl...
How can I treat brown spots myself?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Topical lightening agents such as kojic acid and hydroquinone will fade brown spots over time, but t...
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Brown Spots On My Skin?
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?