What causes the brown spots on my skin?

Brown sun spots are a form of hyperpigmentation. “Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of the skin caused by overactive skin cells called melanocytes,” David Bank, MD, president of the New York State Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, told us. The process can be triggered by sun rays, changing hormone levels, illness and medications.

Continue Learning about Skin Discoloration

How can I get rid of skin discoloration after acne?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Consistent, daily (not just when you remember!) use of treatment products is key to scoring visible ...
Why does my skin look spotty after acne?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The type of skin discoloration following acne or skin trauma, like a wound, is called post-inflammat...
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Brown Spots On My Skin?