How can I get rid of skin discoloration after acne?

Consistent, daily (not just when you remember!) use of treatment products is key to scoring visible improvement of skin discoloration following acne. The combination of daily sunscreen with topical creams that contain hydroquinone, tretinoin, corticosteroids, glycolic acid or azelaic acid can reap substantial results, David Bank, MD, president of the New York State Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, told us.

In-office procedures vary by the depth and amount of pigmentation area targeted, and can include lasers like Vbeam ($500-$1500), Fraxel ($500-$1500), Alex TriVantage ($350-$500), Clear and Brilliant ($500), microdermabrasion ($100-$250) and medical-strength bleaching pads, say the experts.

Continue Learning about Skin Discoloration

How can I get rid of red spots on my face?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The Vbeam ($500) is today’s standard laser treatment for red spots on the face, says L’Oreal Paris C...
What kind of moisturizer will help reduce dark circles?
Certain vitamins, including vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin E, have been shown to reduce dark circl...
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Brown Spots On My Skin?
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?
What Are Some Treatments for Age Spots?