How can I prevent red spots on my face?

“Avoid tanning salons, saunas and other activities that cause blood to rush to the face,” says David Bank, MD, president of the New York State Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery. Allowing skin to roast unprotected under the sun is another prime trigger, so make sure skin is protected by at least an SPF of 30 daily.

Holding a cold compress on the affected area can minimize the look of broken blood vessels; make sure cold packs are always wrapped in a paper towel or thin cloth so that you don’t risk freezer-burning skin with direct contact. “Applying any face cream that has a high content of niacinamide, vitamin C or K before bed will help, as will changing your diet to provide more of these vitamins,” Dr. Bank told us.

Continue Learning about Skin Discoloration

Are age spots dangerous?
Age spots are harmless. Also called liver spots, these blemishes appear as brown or gray patches...
What causes the brown spots on my skin?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Brown sun spots are a form of hyperpigmentation. “Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of the skin cau...
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Brown Spots On My Skin?